This is the story of a sailing trip around Sardinia. We meet a cast of colourful characters who take part in a series of compelling events, set against a backdrop of some of the most stunning scenery in the Mediterranean. The journey starts in the Costa Smeralda, the playground of the rich and famous, and takes us to beautiful bays of crystal clear water and pure white sand.
- We witness the largest and most spectacular religious procession in the world from the historic streets of Cagliari.
- We meet a millionaire and his Russian bride, a body builder who’s trunks don’t fit and a ‘Southern Belle’ from Georgia.
- We see flamingos, pilot whales and dolphins up close and survive a ferocious maestrale storm.
- We celebrate the birthday of a tree and Italy winning the FIFA World Cup.
- We get lost in the wilderness and take a shower next to some Roman ruins.
After seven eventful months, the story ends where it started, sailing back across the Strait of Bonifacio and on to other adventures. Throughout this voyage of discovery, family, old friends and new friends all played their parts in creating A Magical Summer in Sardinia